Just saw this today and thought I would share. I have deleted a few (sorry if that kind of thing drives you crazy) but have kept all the ones I agree with. When I see things like this and I agree with so many, it makes me feel unoriginal. But still amused. I’ve italicised the ones I really agree with.. Just to be clear, this is not mine! (Knowing my luck, this is the blog that will be Freshly Pressed. -sigh-)
9. I can’t remember the last time I wasn’t at least kind of tired.
10. Bad decisions make good stories.
11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work
when you know that you just aren’t going to do anything productive for the
rest of the day.
12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after DVD/Blue Ray? I don’t
want to have to restart my collection…again.
13. I’m always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if
I want to save any changes to my ten-page research paper that I swear I did
not make any changes to.
14. “Do not machine wash or tumble dry” means I will never wash this –
15. I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello? Damn
it!), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to
voice mail. What did you do after I didn’t answer? Drop the phone and run
16. I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing
anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.
17. I keep some people’s phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to
answer when they call.
18. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.
22. I would rather try to carry 10 plastic grocery bags in each hand than
take 2 trips to bring my groceries in.
23. The only time I look forward to a red light is when I’m trying to
finish a text.
24. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and
25. How many times is it appropriate to say “What?” before you just nod and
smile because you still didn’t hear or understand a word they said?
27. Shirts get dirty. Underwear get dirty. Skirts? Skirts never get dirty,
and you can wear them forever.
28. Sometimes I’ll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not
know what time it is.
32. Sometimes I pretend not to remember details about people because having
a good memory apparently equates to creepiness.
33. My GPS says “Estimated Arrival Time.” I see “Time to Beat.”
34. Whenever someone says “I’m not book smart, but I’m street smart”, all I
hear is “I’m not real smart, but I’m imaginary smart”.
36. What would happen if I hired two private investigators to follow each
37. I wish it were appropriate to say to a complete stranger, “Excuse me,
would you like me to show you how to discipline your child?”
40. Double-Stuffed Oreos should just be called Oreos, and regular Oreos
should be called Diet Oreos.
As an additional note to those who came here from Twitter / My website / Any place I talk about publishing.. This kind of witty numbered style is great for an article. However, I once recieved a submission where the synopsis was in bullet points. While this is obviously a useful tool for you while writing, to keep your thoughts ordered, it is just one of the worst ideas I’ve ever heard of for introducing your book to me. If you cant even summarise your book in sentences, whats the hope for the actual manuscript?